During your 10 day retreat program you will have the opportunity to take part in 5 mornings of 'kitchen time' with me as well as a Naturopathic and Nutritional assessment of your own unique constitution.
During this time in the kitchen you will sample real foods and help make lunch which is usually the main meal of the day. Everything you eat here will nurture and love your body, leaving you feeling fantastic.
Some of the meals are based on organic meats from our garden farm and some are based on locally grown vegetarian and raw foods. Let me know if you have any food preference or special diet (raw food, grain free, vegan, gluten free etc.) before you arrive and we can discuss how to cater for that.
Breakfast and dinner is usually left for you in your accommodation where you help yourself.
Supporting your Digestive System
I work on the principle of one good meal during the day and light, nourishing wholefoods, juices and superfood smoothies for the rest of the time. This helps to give your digestive system a break and cleanse using powerful plant based ingredients whilst still grounding yourself with a daily nutritious wholefood meal.
There are three meals outside in the desert during the 10 day program which count as the main meal of the day.
- Local fruits - dates, guava, mulberry, fig, lemon, orange, grape, watermelon, cantaloupe melon.
- Goat or buffalo grass-fed raw yoghurt with local raw honey
- Farm eggs and sourdough ancient grain bread - kamut, spelt, einkorn, chestnut, cassava.
- Olives, olive oil, butter.
- Superfood smoothies made with sprouted nut milks or raw unpasteurized organic goats milk.
- Vegetable juices, kombucha, kefir.
(usually our main meal of the day)
- Meats - organic grass-fed and free range from our farm, traditionally cooked in the sand and/or smoked with olive wood - goat, rabbit, chicken, duck, lamb, camel etc.
- Salads, organic vegetables and dips.
- Vegetarian - rocket and herb salad, goats cheese and spinach pancakes, Spanish omelette, avocado and sprouted hummus dips, sprouted quinoa salad, grilled vegetables, flax seed crackers, sourdough breads, fresh vegetable juices, fresh olives and olive oil.
Raw chocolate, raw vegan cheesecake, healthy grain free cookies and biscuits etc.
*Please bear in mind that these are only examples of the foods you will enjoy during your stay. As meals are prepared fresh and local, they are subject to change depending on seasonal availability.